I hate it when I go to use my E6000 glue and I cannot get the top off the tube. I resort to pliers and then the top comes off in pieces and the glue is ruined. Does this sound familiar to you crafters? I also make my own modpodge and that lid gets stuck too.
I found a really easy way to never have a lid glued to its own glue jar –petroleum jelly == this baby jelly is from the dollar store and smells nice. Just take a bit of it and line the rings where the lid screws into the jar and no more getting stuck. No more bad words, just smiles when I go to use my glue containers. You do have to renew the jelly once in a while to keep it working.
I have added micro beads in clear, blue and gold and diamond dust with clear glue to the clay sections An have started to glue down shells ( E6000 glue works) and embellishments to the clay sections; making sure that I use enough glue to hold them in place and that they are not too heavy for the clay substrate. If you look at the tutorial part 2, the shells and the ideas for composition have changed some. I decided to paint some of the shells that form the outline from the sea to the sand. I am also playing around with fish and turtle charms to see if I want to use these to connect the two largest sections of the clay substrate. Stay tuned for the final part of this tutorial.